International events are an essential part of the plan of studies at Globeducate. Through international events, pupils have the opportunity to interact with students from other countries, to improve their language skills and to truly understand other points of view. International events also promote a sense of respect and tolerance, which is one of the values we encourage at our international private school.
Our international events take place over the course of the academic year and bring together pupils of 50 different nationalities. Some of the most noteworthy events in the school year are the Globeducate Olympics, International Music Week and the Globeducate Model United Nations.
Globeducate International Events
- Globeducate Model United Nations: simulations of the United Nations where the pupils become country delegates and debate global issues in English.
- Globeducate Academic Olympics: science, mathematics, and technology Olympics where pupils from different schools make new friends while they compete in an international and multilingual atmosphere.
- Globeducate International Music Festival: during a week pupils show how passionate they are about music in a professional way.
- Globeducate Olympic Games: a sporting competition where pupils show their skills in a variety of sports (football, rhythmic gymnastics, swimming, athletics, among others).
- Globeducate Arts Competition: an art competition where the pupils exhibit all their artistic creativity and sensibility with their own creations.
- Globeducate Leadership Summit: this summit brings together senior students aged 17-18 for a packed timetable of seminars, presentations, interactive activities targeting topics such as public speaking and communication skills, problem solving and a keynote speaker.
- Iberia Cup: a popular festival of basketball and football hosted by one of our schools in Spain or Portugal. The event includes opportunities for students to mix with those from other schools and to socialise after the sporting fixtures.